10 Things you need to know about the Walking Dead NYCC 2016 panel.
And about the new season
Walking Dead NYCC 2016 panel
Saturday, October 9th @ 5:30 pm
by TS Alan
This year’s New York Comic Con Walking Dead panel was once again held at the Theater at Madison Square Garden to a capacity crowd of 5,500 fans. Die-heart fans of the Walking Dead television series knew that if you were not in attendance three hours prior to the panel’s start, you probably were not going to make it inside. This held true with hundreds of people still standing in line as the panel began.
The 10 Things you need to know…
1. Season seven will start exactly from the season six Negen cliffhanger. We WILL find out who gets the bat to the head.
2. The season premiere was directed by show runner Greg Nicotero, who also directed season six’s climatic finale episode.
3. Greg Nicotero promises there will be “creepy, strange and weird walkers,” in new season.
4. Executive Producer Scott Gimple promises “amazing new faces.”
5. Yes, Shiva, King Ezekial’s pet tiger will be in the series.
6. In regard to Negan, Jeffery Dean Morgan stated, “The world is his stage and he knows it.”
7. In regards to Negan’s profanity from the comic, the show will be using the F-Bomb when it matters.
8. The final episode of season sevenwill mark the 99th episode, making the season 8 premier the 100th. Eluding to we will be getting an eighth season.
9. Lauren Cohan cried discussing the show as did Melissa McBride. Even host Chris Hartwick was nearly brought to tears over what the show has meant to so many as well as the love from the cast to their fans.
10. SPOILER. Do not read the next two paragraphs or view the video if you don’t want to know about the season seven premiere episode.
This year Walking Dead NYCC 2016 panel attendees were treated to sneak peek of the season opener in which a very pissed off Rick threatens to kill Negan for what he has done, not today and maybe not tomorrow but Rick will kill Negan. Negan responds by asking his right hand man Simon what kind of weapon was confiscated from the defiant Grimes. Negan goes on to taunt Rick about the importance of having a right hand man and maybe Rick no longer has one because Negan had just killed him/her. When it is revealed Rick had brought a hatchet, Negan finds amusement in it and then drags Rick off to the RV for some personalized punishment — See the officially released AMC video below.
Fans of the Walking Dead comic are fully aware the Rick had his hand chopped off by the Governor, which never came to fruition during the Woodbury episodes. However, if you have watched season six closely, there was a lot of Rick nursing an injured right hand, alluding to the possibility that Rick would eventually loose a hand. With the snippet from the premiere episode attendees got to see, Rick may finally loose that hand once and for all. But then again, we all know how the producers love to give fans misdirection.
End of spoiler.
As part of the season seven launch, AMC will air a special look at the entire series through season six called The Walking Dead: The Journey so Far on October 16 at 9/8C.
The Walking Dead season seven premiers on October 23 at 9/8C on AMC.