Two back-to-back episodes capped off a solid third season.
The third season ends in a bang, literally.
Fear the Walking Dead Season 3 Finale Review
Season 3, Ep. 14 & 15 – ‘Things Bad Begun” & ‘Sleigh Ride’ | Aired October 2, 2017
by TS Alan
Fear the Walking Dead ended its fifteen episode, third season run with two back-to-back episodes as it did last season. I found nothing truly interesting in the series last season. And as I stated in last year’s finale review, “Fear the Walking Dead will not have the longevity of The Walking Dead if they don’t kick up the action a bit and go lighter on the melodrama. There can be a balance between the two, The Walking Dead television series is proof of this.” Thankfully the series has begun to find its own way and come out from under the shadow of the Walking Dead.
3 Reasons Why I Like the Episodes:
- Madison whacks Troy in the skull with a hammer, bludgeoning him to death, after Troy reveals he was the one who led the horde to wipe out the ranch. The piece of shit finally got his comeuppance.
- Daniel gets shot in the face by Victor and survives, and then goes after the Profits who have Nick trapped on the dam with the detonator.
- Nick at the dam. First he pick pocketed the detonator from Victor, and then gave Proctor John the big FU by actually blowing up the dam when Proctor John called his bluff. Proving Nick can make the ultimate sacrifice if it means saving his family.
3 Reasons Why I Dislike the Episodes:
- Madison’s repetitive Christmas dream sequences that interrupted the story line.
- Even after Victor’s treachery and betrayal was revealed, Madison still trusted him and gave him the detonator to the hidden explosives.
- When Alicia gets ambushed while driving to the trading post with her new companion, she doesn’t kill her assailants. Instead she let’s them go. Marauders should always be killed or you can find yourself in conflict with them again. Poor survival choice.
With killing off cast regular Ofelia (Mercedes Mason), characters now getting much needed depth, more intense zombie action, and better story arcs, Fear the Walking Dead as begun to grow. Let’s hope next season it finally matures.
Fear the Walking Dead returns to AMC, June 2018.